Adjunct Pool for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS), Non-Credit Professor
Posting Number: A-001-2021
Department: ACCESS-DHH Services
Salary: $48.38 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjuncts are placed on salary schedule)
Open Date: 09/07/2021
Initial Screening Date: 06/30/2022
Open Until Filled No
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on the listed Closed Date are assured consideration. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed rsum that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Two (2) letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Health & Welfare:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Bachelors degree with any of the following majors: Education of students with specific or multiple disabilities; special education; psychology; physical education with an emphasis in adaptive physical education; communicative disorders; rehabilitation; computer-based education; other computer-related majors which include course work on adapted or assistive computer technology for students with disabilities; other majors related to providing specialized instruction or services to persons with disabilities; OR
2. An Associate degree with one of the majors specified above; and four years of full time equivalent experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category or categories being served; OR
3. The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions); OR
4. California Community College credential, Valid for Life (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential).
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will need to answer the equivalency questions included in the application.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report. The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
For more details about this position, please contact:
Name: Tim Engle
Title: Dept. Chair
Phone: (909) 274-5641
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/8556
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency