- Instructor, World Languages - Deaf Studies - Fall 2023
- Go to our website »
Instructor, World Languages - Deaf Studies - Fall 2023
This position is contingent upon ongoing and available funding.
Under direction of the department chair, responsibilities of the successful applicant will include but are not limited to:
- Teach American Sign Language (ASL) courses (all levels)
- Teach courses within the Deaf Studies Program degree including Deaf Culture, Deaf History, Structure of ASL, and new courses that might be added to the existing program.
- Develop syllabi, course outlines, curriculum, assessment plans, and reports for all courses.
- Evaluate student outcomes.
- Assess students' language competency levels.
- Provide student advisement and recruiting services.
- Participate in program/division/department meetings.
- Serve on department and college committees.
- Travel to multi-campus locations possibly on a day, evening, or weekend schedule.
- Mentor adjunct faculty within the Deaf Studies Unit.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Deafness and/or ASL from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a post-secondary or professional setting.
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university: preferably in Deaf Studies/ASL or a related field OR a minimum of 12 graduate credits in Deaf Studies/ASL/Deaf Education.
- ASLTA certification or RID certification.
- Experience with lab instruction, experience with technology specific to ASL users.
Starting Salary Range
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a master's degree, the salary range would be $46,691 to $59,768 annually. The entire salary range is up to $71,123 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years of experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for initial salary placement purposes.
CSN offers a generous benefits package comprised of excellent health insurance including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, basic life insurance, and supplemental options (long-term care, short-term disability, and legal). Comprehensive retirement plans, employee assistance programs, and tuition discounts at the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institutions. As well as tuition discounts for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. Perks encompassing on-campus employee discounts, professional and personal development opportunities; and statewide employee purchase programs. Join a dynamic team investing in our future, Students First.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance contingent upon available funding as defined in the CSN-NFA 2022-2025 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Please attach the following to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references.
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at the time of travel.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Instructor--World-Languages---Deaf-Studies---Fall-2023_R0135330
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f2e2a3616b37644eb7e144fffba4473e