Pima Community College
Position Title: Interpreter for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (Temporary, Part-Time, up to 19.5 hours per week)
Rate of Pay: Hourly rate is based on experience, certification level, and/or college assignment needs.
- INTC Interpreter C $20.00 AZ Provisional C License
- INTB Interpreter B $22.00 AZ Provisional B License
- INTG Interpreter General $42.00 AZ General License
Close Date: December 15, 2022, 5:00 PM Arizona Time
Provide simultaneous interpretation and/or transliteration between spoken and manual (sign language) communication for deaf and hard of hearing students or employees in an academic and/or office environment.
The work schedule for this position will include possibly working evenings and weekends, all relying on class schedules and student accommodation requests. Travel may be required among the Pima Community College campuses and locations of service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret spoken and manual (sign language) communication
- A valid Arizona Sign Language Interpreter License (General, Legal, or Provisional) is required to apply for this position
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Effectively interpret between American Sign Language (ASL) and spoken English
- Maintain, as applicable, compliance with any national, state, or local licensure and/or certification requirements
- Communicate well in written English
- Knowledge in US interpreting industry standards of practice, RID Code of Professional Conduct, Deaf Culture, and an elastic linguistic range to match client needs
https://pima.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/8/home/requisition/1580?c=pima">Req1580 ASL Interpreter
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency