Sign Language Interpreter II (Short Term/Temporary Position)
Salary: $31.27 Hourly
Job Number: FY2021-00020
Location: Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo Campus & Paso Robles North County Campus, CA
Department: Student Services
Closing: 6/30/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Job Description Summary
This is a temporary position.
Selected applicants will be interviewed to establish a pool of approved Sign Language Interpreter II for possible part-time, temporary assignments. Assignments may be day, evening, or weekend classes, conferences and/or meetings at the San Luis Obispo Campus, North County Campus or South County Center.
The Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) provides information and supportive services to Cuesta College students with verified disabilities to help them participate fully and benefit as equitably from the college experience. An Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP) is developed for each student which links students goals, curriculum program, and academic accommodations to meet their specific educational limitation.
Essential Functions & Qualifications
- Ability to hear spoken English and use ASL, Signed English to effectively generate language
- Working knowledge of the process of interpretation to convey accurately the register, tone intent and content of the consumer's message
- Ability to interpret and transliterate between both ASL, spoken English and sign systems at a speed required by the assignment, which may involve a variety of settings such as a classroom, conference and/or one-on-one meetings
- Working knowledge of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) code of professional conduct
- Demonstrated knowledge of Deaf and hard-of-Hearing Culture
- Pass Cuesta College Interpreter Evaluation at Communication Facilitator level or completion of Interpreter Training program and/or an AA degree program in interpretation and/or ASL
- Code of Ethics class or workshop completion
- 450 hours of college lecture or equivalent experience
This is a temporary position.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. This assignment will start as soon as hiring requirements are meet. Please upload your resume to the application.
Interview Process Information
Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cuesta
The San Luis Obispo County Community College District promotes inclusiveness, prohibits discrimination, and encourages all qualified persons to apply. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Cuesta College actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds to assist students, staff, and faculty. For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) assistance with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office: (805) 546-3129.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency